‘Experiential learning’ is an innovative approach to instruction, providing relevant, real-world experience to students through hands-on activities. It promotes not only social and personal growth, but community involvement, environmentalism, and STEAM learning, and is proven to increase high school graduation rates among attendees. Participants develop life-long skills like teamwork, leadership, and critical thinking as they learn to problem solve with their peers.
The benefits of experiential learning programs are long lasting—shaping student’s lives and creating memories for years to come. These unique experiences provide great material for college essays and help students stand out during the college application process. College Tour participants report greater confidence in their future, have a higher number of submitted applications, and a better chance of finding the perfect college for them.
Pathways programs are all-inclusive and chaperoned by highly qualified personnel. Teachers and guides have demonstrated competency for leading educational workshops, facilitating group trips, and having fun along the way!
Pathway’s educational experts have designed several distinct programs and experiences to broaden students’ perspectives:
- Blackbird Farm – an organic farm that teaches students about sustainable living
- Rocky Mountain Pathways Ranch – students take over operations of a dude-style ranch during this leadership-themed trip
- Washington, DC – comprehensive tour of our nation’s capital demonstrating to students how history impacts their lives and how they can become advocates of change
- College Tour – students tour colleges throughout California and other states while they learn about application and selection processes
- Community Service – designed to teach students about the positive impact their actions have on their community
- International Trips – students can currently traveling to Cuba, Italy, China and coming soon a WWII Expedition
Pathways has been a trusted and proven operator of multi-day trips for teenagers since 2007. Students are accompanied by adult chaperones and Pathways employees, never exceeding an 8:1 ratio of adults to students. All participants are given preparation guidelines and tips, and are required to follow a strict, zero-tolerance policy for appropriate and safe behavior. We always put safety first!
Whether a student wants to learn how to tend for animals on a ranch, work in a garden, volunteer to help others, or tour our nation’s capital, the opportunities for growth are endless with Pathways In Education. Contact us to find out how Pathways can bring our amazing programs to your school. We look forward to partnering with you!